Accounting Manager Do you consider yourself a highly detailed individual? Are you results oriented and have the decision making and analytical skills to handle complex processes? Are you able to multi-task, adapt and prioritize effectively? If so, Farm Bureau Financial Services just might have the right opportunity for you on our Finance team!
Who We Are: With Farm Bureau Financial Services, our client/members can feel confident knowing their family, home, cars and other property are protected. We value a culture where integrity, teamwork, passion, service, leadership and accountability are at the heart of every decision we make and every action we take. We’re proud of our more than 80-year commitment to protecting the livelihoods and futures of our client/members and creating an atmosphere where our employees thrive.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage various financial functions of the department, including external and internal financial reporting of our life insurance companies and the associated analysis to provide comprehensive financial information for use by management. Respond to inquiries and advise management on financial results, trends and issues.
- Proactively research, investigate, make recommendations and implement changes in areas with potential to have a financial benefit to the Companies. This includes driving process improvement throughout the department to improve efficiencies and allow focus on value added activities.
- Facilitate the efficient, accurate, and timely completion of internal and external audits and inquiries.
- Responsible for staff development through selection, training, motivating, and performance management. Plan, assign, monitor and adjust workload of employees as needed.
What It Takes to Join Our Team:
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting or Finance preferred) with 8+ year’s relevant experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Certified Public Accountant designation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and capable of dealing with all levels of employees as well as outside professionals.
- Advanced specialized knowledge of insurance statutory accounting and filings requirements.
- Results oriented with strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage a team of professionals.
- Proficiency with Excel and ability to learn other software applications specific to the job.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Travel is minimal.
What We Offer You: When you’re on our team, you get more than a great paycheck. You’ll hear about career development and educational opportunities. We offer an enhanced 401K with a match, low cost health, dental, and vision benefits, and life and disability insurance options. We also offer paid time off, including holidays and volunteer time, and teams who know how to have fun. Add to that an onsite wellness facility with fitness classes and programs, a daycare center, a cafeteria, and for many positions, even consideration for a hybrid work arrangement. Farm Bureau….where the grass really IS greener!
If you’re interested in joining a company that appreciates employees, provides growth and professional development opportunities, and offers great benefits, we invite you to apply today!
Work Authorization/Sponsorship: Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are not able to sponsor now or in the future, or take over sponsorship of, an employment visa or work authorization for this role. For example, we are not able to sponsor OPT status.Apply Online