Become part of the largest professional association in Iowa dedicated to CPAs and others in the accounting profession.
- Expand your network. Membership provides excellent opportunities to meet other accounting professionals, exchange ideas and information, and increase your career resources.
- Discounts on learning opportunities.
- Advocacy with governmental, regulatory bodies and other organizations.
- Member access to our state-of-the-art website.
Joining ISCPA is simple!
Who can join?
Individuals who have received a CPA certificate from the Iowa Accountancy Examining Board or a similar board from any state or territory of the United States may be eligible for our Resident or Non-Resident classes. Your CPA certificate status may be active, inactive, or lapsed, but not suspended or revoked.
If you’ve never received a CPA certificate, you may be eligible for our associate or affiliate class.
Associate members are non-CPA owners of a CPA firm or non-CPA accounting educators.
Affiliate members are non-CPAs who have a bachelor's degree and meet one of the following requirements:
- Non-CPA employee of a CPA firm.
- Non-CPA employed in business, industry, government or education actively working in finance, accounting, taxation, economics, law or technology; and working under the direction or supervision of a certified public accountant.
A non-CPA who has a bachelor's degree and meets one of the following requirements:
- Eligible to sit for the uniform CPA exam;
- Successfully completed the exam, but not yet received a CPA certificate.
For an individual who does not have a CPA certificate, has not passed the CPA exam, and is currently enrolled in one or more undergraduate or graduate courses at an accredited institution. Please visit the Student page for details.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of becoming a member include:
- Professional education discounts
- CPE transcript
- Leadership opportunities
- Member-to member assistance
- Networking and volunteer opportunities
- Public relations
- Employee assistance program
- Member discount programs to such businesses as Adventureland Amusement Park, Brooks Brothers clothing, UPS, and many others.
What does it cost?
We have established a pro-rata dues schedule for individuals applying for membership. Included in the dues schedule is a one-time $35 application fee.
Pro-rata dues schedule
The ISCPA dues year is May. 1 – Apr. 30. Members are billed for annual dues on or near May. 1. If you apply for membership/affiliation from Jan – May, you will not be billed again until the following May.
Your pro-rata share of dues must be returned with your application form. To determine the dues amount, refer to the period you are applying in and the dues class in the chart below. The pro-rated dues schedule below includes the $35 application fee.
Please note: Contributions, gifts or dues paid to ISCPA are not deductible as charitable contributions for income tax purposes. However, they may be deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses subject to restrictions imposed as a result of association lobbying activities.
|Period||Class 1||Class 2||Class 3||Class 4||Class 5||Class 7||Class 8|
|Any CPA employed in Iowa and holding original CPA certificate more than 10 years||Any CPA employed in Iowa and holding original CPA certificate 6-10 years||Any CPA employed in Iowa and holding original CPA certificate 5 years or less||Non-resident CPA (employed outside of Iowa)||Any CPA not currently employed, a full-time student, or retired||Non-CPA owner of a CPA firm; or a non-CPA accounting education (college)||Professional or exam-qualified|