Become part of the largest professional association in Iowa dedicated to CPAs and others in the accounting profession.
- Expand your network. Membership provides excellent opportunities to meet other accounting professionals, exchange ideas and information, and increase your career resources.
- Discounts on learning opportunities.
- Advocacy with governmental, regulatory bodies and other organizations.
- Member access to our state-of-the-art website.
Joining ISCPA is simple!
Who can join?
Individuals who have received a CPA certificate from the Iowa Accountancy Examining Board or a similar board from any state or territory of the United States may be eligible for our Resident or Non-Resident classes. Your CPA certificate status may be active, inactive, or lapsed, but not suspended or revoked.
If you’ve never been issued a CPA certificate, you may be eligible for our associate or affiliate class.
Associate members are non-CPA owners of a CPA firm or non-CPA accounting educators (college); or a non-CPA holder of a credential issued by the AICPA including, but not limited to, a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) or an Accredited Business Valuation (ABV) professional
Affiliate members are non-CPAs who meet one of the following requirements:
- A non-CPA affiliated with the accounting profession.
A non-CPA who meets one of the following requirements.
- Eligible to sit for the uniform CPA exam or other AICPA credentialing examination.
- Successfully completed the exam, but not yet received a CPA certificate.
A student at a university, college, junior college, or community college who has an interest in accounting. Visit our Future CPAs section to learn more.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of becoming a member include:
- Professional education discounts
- CPE transcript
- Leadership opportunities
- Member-to member assistance
- Networking and volunteer opportunities
- Public relations
- Employee assistance program
- Member discount programs to such businesses as Adventureland Amusement Park, Brooks Brothers clothing, UPS, and many others.
What does it cost?
We have established a pro-rata dues schedule for individuals applying for membership. Included in the dues schedule is a one-time $35 application fee.
Pro-rata dues schedule
The ISCPA dues year is May. 1 – Apr. 30. Members are billed for annual dues on or near May. 1. If you apply for membership/affiliation from Jan – May, you will not be billed again until the following May.
Your pro-rata share of dues must be returned with your application form. To determine the dues amount, refer to the period you are applying in and the dues class in the chart below. The pro-rated dues schedule below includes the $35 application fee.
Please note: Contributions, gifts or dues paid to ISCPA are not deductible as charitable contributions for income tax purposes. However, they may be deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses subject to restrictions imposed as a result of association lobbying activities.
|Period||Class 1||Class 2||Class 3||Class 4||Class 5||Class 7||Class 8|
|To learn more about the dues classes, visit www.iacpa.org/membership/categories.|