Accounting Opportunities Week is November 7-11. Share your experience and excitement about the profession with students in high schools across Iowa.
Boost the pipeline and inspire future CPAs
We need ISCPA members to make this a huge success! ISCPA is promoting Accounting Opportunities Week, a collaboration between state CPA societies and the AICPA to raise awareness of accounting career opportunities among high school students.
CPAs, CPA candidates, and accounting majors are needed to visit local high schools to speak with high school students about the best part of their career journey, what an average day looks like, how they use their skills to solve problems, and what to expect in college. Ready to volunteer? Please complete this very short form.
What to expect
- A PowerPoint presentation for your customization.
- Scheduled presentation(s) based on your availability.
- Volunteers will indicate their preferred delivery (virtual or in person).
- Register for training on Nov. 2.
- Talking points and helpful information are available for download.
- After your presentation(s), please take a moment to complete this brief survey to help ISCPA track the impact we're collectively making!
Do you have high school connections?
Help ISCPA reach more schools and students by sharing this initiative with your local high schools, teachers and administrators. We're happy to handle the details if you initiate the introductions. Contact Lindsey Haley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many students are making career decisions before they enter college. Now, more than ever, it’s important to share with high school students the opportunities available with a career in accounting. The best way to do that is for them to hear from CPAs.