The City of Ames Finance department is conducting a recruitment to establish a Civil Service eligibility list for the position of Budget Analyst in the Finance Administration division. Centrally located in the heart of Iowa, Ames is a vibrant, progressive community with more than 60,000 residents providing an excellent quality of life. Home to Iowa State University, Ames offers year-round recreation opportunities, diverse cultural offerings, a stable economy,safe neighborhoods, and a high-achieving school district. Essential Job Functions:
- Performs budgeting, accounting, and other financial functions of the City of Ames.
- Compiles and reviews information to assist in the preparation of the City’s budget and capital improvement plan.
- Calculates fund balance information for budget planning.
- Analyzes departmental budget submissions for accuracy and compliance with City policies.
- Reviews departmental purchase requisitions for budgetary compliance.
- Assists with the development and implementation of budget policy.