West Des Moines, IOWA — The Iowa Society of CPAs (ISCPA) has elected officers and directors to serve on its 2018-19 board of directors. The leaders were voted in by ISCPA members at the May 2018 Leadership Conference and Annual Meeting in Altoona.
2018-19 officers for the ISCPA Executive Committee are as follows:
- Dwayne Vande Krol, shareholder, Nyemaster Goode PC in Des Moines, will serve as president of the board.
- Rod Foster, office managing partner, RSM US LLP in Des Moines, will serve as vice president.
- Patti Bell, AVP - advanced solutions, Principal in Des Moines, will serve as immediate past president of the board.
- Kurt Konek, partner at Tarbell & Co PLC in Prairie City, will continue as secretary.
- Marty Fredericks, partner at BKD LLP in West Des Moines, will continue as treasurer.
The Executive Committee leads the board of directors, which is responsible for overseeing ISCPA resources, policies and general operations.
2018-19 board of directors are:
- Erik Bonstrom, partner, LWBJ LLP, West Des Moines
- Kevin Den Adel, director, undergraduate accounting, University of Iowa, Iowa City
- Ben Hansen, member, Gross & Company PLLC, Dunlap
- Emily Heeren, manager, DuPont Pioneer, Johnston
- Brian Newton, shareholder, McGowen Hurst Clark & Smith PC, West Des Moines
- Denise Pierson, vice president, SOX and model audit rule compliance, Global Atlantic Financial Group, Des Moines
- Susan Stutzel, owner, S Stutzel CPA LLC, Tipton
- Alison VanOtterloo, vice president, internal audit, Pharmacists Mutual Insurance Company, Algona
- Chris Yuska, partner, EY, Des Moines
# # #
About the Iowa Society of CPAs
The Iowa Society of CPAs (ISCPA) is the largest professional organization dedicated to CPAs, accounting professionals and accounting students in Iowa. We protect, enhance, guide and promote the accounting profession on behalf of our members working in public accounting, business, industry, government, nonprofit and education. To learn more, visit www.iacpa.org.
Photo available upon request.