LEAP (Leaders Emerging in the Accounting Profession) is for ISCPA members 40 and under. Founded in 2013, LEAP provides education, networking and development programs for the next generation of leaders in the profession. These Iowa CPAs will sustain the profession’s reputation and value, and keep Iowa’s businesses and communities strong.
Have questions about LEAP? Contact Katie Shields at email@example.com or 515-223-8161.
Upcoming events for young professionalsSee what's coming up
Leadership Book Club
Join your fellow CPAs and accounting professionals for a fun book club covering the latest on all things leadership. All ISCPA members 40 and younger are welcome to participate. Each book will be chosen by the ISCPA LEAP Committee and will be listed on this page. Members will have approx. 6-8 weeks to complete each book and the group will meet to discuss the book once complete (in person or remote attendance is available for these meetings).
Interested in participating? Contact Katie Shields (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be added to the list of current Leadership Book Club members.
- Book 1: The CEO Next Door: The 4 Behaviors that Transform Ordinary People into World-Class Leaders | Dec. 4, 2018 - Feb. 7, 2019
- Book 2: The Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World | May 8, 2019 - July 9, 2019
- Book 3: Where Am I Giving: A Global Adventure Exploring How to Use Your Gifts and Talents to Make a Difference | July 18, 2019 - Sept. 13, 2019
- Book 4 (current book): You Are Destined for Greatness: Stories of Inspiration and Empowerment by Aaron Putze | Oct. 4, 2019 - Nov. 19, 2019
- Book discussion meeting: Nov. 19 | 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. | ISCPA office, West Des Moines or remote attendance available | RSVP to Katie Shields (email@example.com) by Nov. 17.
Young Iowa CPA Spotlight
Meet Young Iowa CPA Spotlight,
Young CPA Resources
- Past YP Spotlight - Amy Kircher
- Past YP Spotlight: Sadie Hase
- Past YP Spotlight - Rick Kievits
- How to boost your workplace self-awareness
- When to take initiative at work, and when not to
- Using your calendar to make every day your ideal day
- How to prepare and run meetings successfully
- Tips for making a positive impression through email