LEAP (Leaders Emerging in the Accounting Profession) is for ISCPA members 40 and under. Founded in 2013, LEAP provides education, networking and development programs for the next generation of leaders in the profession. These Iowa CPAs will sustain the profession’s reputation and value, and keep Iowa’s businesses and communities strong.
Have questions about LEAP? Contact Katie Shields at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-223-8161.
Applications now open for 2022-2023 Regional CPA Leadership Accelerator Program - APPLY TODAY!
This full year, multi-faceted regional leadership program is designed for CPAs ready to make their mark in the profession. Enhance leadership skills and experiences, broaden ideas of what is possible and expand your network of industry peers. This elite program includes three in-person sessions (Chicago and Des Moines) and two virtual sessions.
Applications are now open. Learn more about how the program and how to apply.
2022 Emerging Leaders Conference - Save the date!
Be sure to mark your calendar for Thursday, July 28, 2022, for ISCPA's unique conference designed exclusively for CPAs 40 and under. This is your opportunity to connect with peers, learn strategies, and gain a greater awareness of your leadership style and its impact on your organization and professional performance.Held at the beautiful River Center in downtown Des Moines. More details to be released soon. Check the conference event listing for updates.
Lunch with Leaders
Make the most of your lunch break! Lunch with Leaders are 60-minute inspirational sessions over the lunch hour. One hour nontechnical CPE credit is included with the registration fee. Open to all members and guests (pre-registration required).
Now scheduling for 2022! Send your speaker and topic recommendations to Katie Shields at email@example.com.
Leadership Book Club Reading List
LEAP in and find a new favorite!
- Get Over It: 47 Tips for Embracing the Discomfort of Change by Anne Bonney
- The Happy Hour Effect: Twelve Secrets to Minimize Stress and Maximize Life by Kristen Brown
- True Professionalism by David H. Maister
- The Vision Driven Leader by Michael Hyatt
- How will you measure your life? by Clayton Christensen
- Willful Blindness by Margaret Heffernan
- Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink
Young Iowa CPA Spotlight
Meet Young Iowa CPA Spotlight,
Young CPA Resources
- Past YP Spotlight: Katie New
- Past YP Spotlight - Mark Cronin
- Past YP Spotlight - Kristin Clayton
- 2021 Rising Star Award - Matthew Kelderman
- 2021 Rising Star Award - Jenna Day
- 2022-2023 Regional CPA Leadership Accelerator Program - Applications NOW OPEN
- Onboarding for a New Job When You're Remote
- A Futurist’s Guide to Preparing Your Company for Constant Change
- New Model for Licensure, New CPA Exam to Launch 2024
- Increase Your Influence at Work
- Getting Leaders On Board With Change
- Top Skills Development Advice from 2021
- Indispensable Career Development Tips for 2022
- How to Become Your Own Career Coach