LEAP (Leaders Emerging in the Accounting Profession) is for ISCPA members 40 and under. Founded in 2013, LEAP provides education, networking and development programs for the next generation of leaders in the profession. These Iowa CPAs will sustain the profession’s reputation and value, and keep Iowa’s businesses and communities strong.
Have questions about LEAP? Contact Katie Shields at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-223-8161.
Emerging Leaders Conference
July 30-31 | The River Center, Des Moines
Connect with industry peers, professional coaches and expert facilitators to learn leadership concepts and strategies that will help you reach your full potential and take your career to the next level.Learn more
Lunch with Leaders
Leadership Book Club
Join your fellow CPAs and accounting professionals for a fun book club covering the latest on all things leadership. All ISCPA members are welcome to participate. Each book will be chosen by the ISCPA LEAP Committee and will be listed on this page. Members will have approx. 6-8 weeks to complete each book and the group will meet to discuss the book once complete (in person or remote attendance is available for these meetings).
Interested in participating? Contact Katie Shields (email@example.com) to be added to the list of current Leadership Book Club members.
- Book 1: The CEO Next Door: The 4 Behaviors that Transform Ordinary People into World-Class Leaders | Dec. 4, 2018 - Feb. 7, 2019
- Book 2: The Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World | May 8, 2019 - July 9, 2019
- Book 3: Where Am I Giving: A Global Adventure Exploring How to Use Your Gifts and Talents to Make a Difference | July 18, 2019 - Sept. 13, 2019
- Book 4: You Are Destined for Greatness: Stories of Inspiration and Empowerment by Aaron Putze | Oct. 4, 2019 - Nov. 19, 2019
Young Iowa CPA Spotlight
Meet Young Iowa CPA Spotlight,
Young CPA Resources
- Past YP Spotlight: Sadie Hase
- Past YP Spotlight - Rick Kievits
- Past YP Spotlight - Aiden Schade
- Tips for making a positive impression through email
- 10 principles for leadership presence
- How new managers fail
- 4 ways CPAs can manage stress
- What it takes to give a great presentation
- Career advice you CAN ignore