Month of Service
Unite with other Iowa CPAs, co-workers and accounting students this September for the 4th annual Iowa CPAs Month of Service and make a positive impact in your community. Learn more about this event and why it was started.
Showcase your company name across the state when you sponsor this event.
How to register
Who can participate
ISCPA members, co-workers and student members are encouraged to participate individually or as a team. Volunteer for a community or charitable cause of your choice for a day or a few hours — any activity that benefits your community counts!
Need some ideas?
Not sure where to start or looking for an easy way to get involved? We can help. Here's a list of general project ideas. September is also Hunger Action Month and you can support the Iowa Food Bank Association, which serves children, adults and seniors in all of Iowa’s 99 counties. Simply locate the food bank in your part of the state and find a volunteer opportunity that’s right for you or your team. Questions? Contact the food bank and they are happy to assist you. Or, visit VolunteerMatch to find something of interest in your part of the state.
Follow these steps to participate
- Choose a cause. Support a cause or organization in your local community.
- Plan your activity. Use the resources listed under "Need some ideas?" above or contact your chosen charity or organization to find out what you can do to help in September. Then, start planning your event or activity.
- Register by Aug. 15 to get your free volunteer t-shirt. ISCPA members only. Nonmembers may purchase for $20. Quantities limited, first come-first served basis. (You can still register to participate through Sept. 15, but no shirt for you!)
- Send us pictures and videos. Take pictures and videos in your volunteer t-shirt during your volunteer service. Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in our photo-video recap. And, post them on your personal or company social media using #iowacpaservice18. Don't forget to include @iowacpas in your tweet or tag the ISCPA Facebook page in your posts.
- Report your service by Oct. 2. Once your volunteer activity or project is completed, tell us about it in the Month of Service survey (available in September). We’ll tabulate all of the data to include in an Iowa CPAs: Community Counts report. Volunteers and their employer/school will be recognized on our website and in the Iowa CPA publication.
Share your volunteer efforts with local media through this news release that you may customize for your organization.
Month of Service awards
Community impact - Recognizes an individual and a team for outstanding dedication to community by positively impacting the lives of a specific population segment or group in need.
Community spirit - Recognizes an individual and a team for exemplary dedication across their community through commitment of time and resources.
The 2018 awards will be presented at the May 3, 2019, ISCPA Leadership Conference and Annual Meeting. See who received the 2017 Iowa CPA Month of Service Awards.
2017 event info
Contact Cheryl Miller at email@example.com or 515-985-7102/800-659-6375.