Month of Service
Unite with Iowa CPAs, co-workers and accounting students in September for the 4th annual Iowa CPAs Month of Service and make a positive impact in your local community. Learn more about this event and how it started.
Who can participate
ISCPA members, co-workers and student members are encouraged to participate individually or as a team. Volunteer for a community or charitable cause of your choice for a day or a few hours — any activity that benefits your community counts!
Sign up to participate
Register by Aug. 15 to get your free volunteer t-shirt. (ISCPA members only. Nonmembers may purchase for $20. Quantities limited, first come-first served basis. Registration open through Sept. 15.)
September is Hunger Action Month and you can support the Iowa Food Bank Association, which serves children, adults and seniors in all of Iowa’s 99 counties. Simply locate the food bank in your part of the state and find a volunteer opportunity that’s right for you or your team. Questions? Contact your local food bank.
Help support Children & Families of Iowa by donating safe outings kit items. Or, host a kit drive at your company. Here's a list of items needed and more information. Hosting a kit drive at your business? Use these customizable signs to promote it.
ISCPA's LEAP Committee is hosting a mobile blood drive with LifeServe, Friday, Sept. 7. Sign up to participate.
Follow these steps to participate:
- Plan your activity. Use the resources listed under "volunteer ideas" above or contact a charity or organization in your local community to find out what you can do to help in September.
- Register by Aug. 15 to get your free volunteer t-shirt. ISCPA members only. Nonmembers may purchase for $20. Quantities limited, first come-first served basis. You can still register to participate through Sept. 15.
- Send us pictures and videos of your volunteer activities. Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in our photo-video recap.
- Share on social media. Post your pics on your personal or company social media using #iowacpaservice18. Don't forget to include @iowacpas in your tweet or tag the ISCPA Facebook page in your posts.
- Report your service by Oct. 2. Once your volunteer activity is completed, tell us about it in the Month of Service survey (available in September). We’ll tabulate the data for an Iowa CPAs: Community Counts report. Volunteers and employer/school will be recognized on our website and in the Iowa CPA publication.
Share your volunteer efforts with local media through this news release that you may customize for your organization.
Month of Service awards
Community impact - Recognizes an individual and a team for outstanding dedication to community by positively impacting the lives of a specific population segment or group in need.
Community spirit - Recognizes an individual and a team for exemplary dedication across their community through commitment of time and resources.
The 2018 awards will be presented at the May 3, 2019, ISCPA Leadership Conference and Annual Meeting. See who received the 2017 Iowa CPA Month of Service Awards.
2017 event info
Contact Cheryl Miller at email@example.com or 515-985-7102/800-659-6375.
2018 event sponsors