The Iowa CPA Education Foundation awards $2,500 scholarships each year to students pursuing an accounting degree who have made a commitment to become a CPA. The scholarships recipients are selected by the Iowa CPA Education Foundation Advisory Committee.
Criteria for Iowa CPA Education Foundation Scholarship
To be considered for a scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Attending an NCA and/or AACSB accredited educational institution in Iowa. See list of eligible Iowa institutions.
- Be an Iowa resident. (Home address in Iowa.)
- Has not taken the CPA exam, but plan to take the exam in Iowa.
- 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Has completed at least 60 semester hours of college credit, including 12 semester hours in accounting. (Does include principles of accounting).
- Sign a statement confirming your intent to take the written CPA examination conducted by the Iowa Accountancy Examining Board for the purpose of being granted a Certified Public Accountant certificate.
- Provide an essay (500 words or less) on why you want to become a CPA.
- Be a student affiliate member of the Iowa Society of CPAs. Student affiliate membership is free and can be completed here.
Students attending a qualifying university/college who meet the scholarship criteria should contact the ISCPA faculty liaison at your school for a scholarship application. Applications are available in December each year, with a submission deadline of Feb. 15.
Contact: Cindy Adams
Learn more about the Iowa CPA Education Foundation.
Links to other scholarship opportunities
Be sure to check out your local civic organizations for any scholarship opportunities. Watch for deadline dates.