Effective Business Communications (VIRTUAL FORMAT)More Courses
TSEEBCWE | Webcasts & Webinars | Basic | Scheduled
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this seminar will only be available via live webcast.
- ISCPA members receive value pricing.
CPAs and other business professionals
To address business communication issues as it relates to work teams and group development to reduce misunderstandings and improve project management. The business writing discussion will cover appropriate word choices to increase communication and management effectiveness, prevent inaccurate financial data and reduce tension in the office environment.
- Discuss the common types of difficult communication patterns found in the workplace, and how to cope with these situations.
- Identify and cope more effectively with hostile communication patterns that may occur in the workplace.
- Recognize the communication patterns that occur before and during the formations of teams.
- Explain the role of conflict in work teams, and approaches for dealing with the conflict.
- Explain communication issues a leader must consider before beginning discussions with a group.
- Eliminate wordiness, redundancy, and obscure language from your writing,
- Produce written communications that are positive, confident, clear and concise.
- Structure, design, and page layout options to construct documents that are accessible and well organized.
- Explain five techniques to make your language more positive and professional.
- Recognize the importance of descriptive language.
- Understand how using certain words can help you avoid misinterpretation and misunderstandings.