Tax Advisors Update (WEST DES MOINES)More Courses
TAU-DM | In Person Training | Update | Scheduled
Special NotesThis program has been approved for 8 hours of IRS CE credit for Enrolled Agents (EA) and Registered Tax Return Preparers (RTRP)
with PTIN numbers. Please complete and return the request form prior to the program if you are an EA or RTRP and would like to
receive IRS CE credit. This program has been approved for 6.75 hours of continuing legal education credit (CLE). Contact the ISCPA office at
800-659-6375 for the activity number.
Experience in federal tax planning and preparation
CPAs and other business professionals
To obtain updates on new federal tax legislation, IRS guidance and recent court cases
- Dissect the final Section 199A regulations and other guidance for the deduction for Qualified Business Income.
- Recognize how suspended excess business losses affect the carryover year.
- Apply the suspended business interest expense, and compute excess taxable income in the carryover year.
- Review of IRS pronouncements, treasury regulations, and court cases.
- Real-world planning tips and illustrations from a practitioner viewpoint.
- Learn about the new IRS campaigns for identifying examination issues.
- Hear the important estate and gift, tax exempt, payroll tax, and other federal developments.
Christopher W. Hesse, CPA, a tax partner in Minneapolis, has more than 30 years of tax experience in public accounting with regional and national CPA firms, and more than 25 years of speaking and training experience before tax professionals on a variety of update topics. His career has included tax leadership of a 200-person practice, and extensive tax writing and analysis services. He is an author and instructor of Tax Advisors Update and Farm Taxation Update. Hesse has spoken at numerous seminars and conferences throughout the country on taxation, agricultural and estate tax topics, and is a past chair of the AICPA Ag Conference committee. He has testified before legislative committees on tax policy matters and has been instrumental in federal and state tax law changes, including an Alternative Minimum Tax provision affecting agricultural producers. Hesse also served as chairman of the AICPA S Corporation Technical Resource Panel and currently serves on the AICPA Tax Executive Committee.