Tax Advisors Update (CEDAR RAPIDS)More Courses
TAU-CR | In Person Training | Update | Scheduled
Special NotesThis program has been approved for 8 hours of IRS CE credit for Enrolled Agents (EA) and Registered Tax Return Preparers (RTRP) with PTIN numbers. Please complete and return the request form prior to the program if you are an EA or RTRP and would like to receive IRS CE credit.
Experience in federal tax planning and preparation
CPAs and other business professionals
To obtain updates on new federal tax legislation, IRS guidance and recent court cases
- Dissect the final Section 199A regulations and other guidance for the deduction for Qualified Business Income.
- Recognize how suspended excess business losses affect the carryover year.
- Apply the suspended business interest expense, and compute excess taxable income in the carryover year.
- Review of IRS pronouncements, treasury regulations, and court cases.
- Real-world planning tips and illustrations from a practitioner viewpoint.
- Learn about the new IRS campaigns for identifying examination issues.
- Hear the important estate and gift, tax exempt, payroll tax, and other federal developments.
Mary Marino, CPA, CGMA, principal in the national tax office of CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA), has more than 35 years of experience providing tax consulting and compliance services in public accounting and the private sector. Her areas of expertise include acquisition planning, executive compensation and IRS controversy. She also teaches CLA’s popular Tax Advisors Update seminar nationally. Previously, Marino worked in the national tax office of an international accounting firm and as the global tax leader for a multinational consumer products company.