Surgent's Emerging Tax Issues of the New Coronavirus Stimulus Package: An In-Depth AnalysisMore Courses
SUNSU2-3 | Webcasts & Webinars | Update | Scheduled
This course is offered by a 3rd party vendor and will not be accessible in the My CPE Tracker section of the ISCPA website. Course access information will be emailed directly to you by Surgent Professional Education.
The Consolidated Appropriations Act (CAA), 2021 contains many newly enacted changes to the Internal Revenue Code and to the Small Business Administration’s PPP loan program. As the relevant tax details continue to emerge, Surgent brings you this new 3-hour webinar, providing everything you need to know about this complex legislation. This course provides in-depth coverage of the technical changes critical to tax practitioners, including PPP loan forgiveness, stimulus checks, supplemental unemployment, and much more.
Any tax practitioner advising clients with respect to new legislative developments
- Be familiar with the new tax changes and PPP loan rules contained in the CAA
- Businesses and other entities eligible for forgiveness loans under the new PPP loan program
- Changes to PPP loan relief applications, including a simplified loan forgiveness process for loans of $150,000 or less
- Basis increases for tax-exempt income associated with PPP loan forgiveness
- Deductibility of eligible business expenses funded with a PPP loan
- Changes to the Employee Retention Credit
- Federal supplemental unemployment insurance benefits
- Additional stimulus checks for individuals
- Other CAA tax changes impacting individuals and businesses
Michael J. Tucker
Michael J. Tucker is an employee of Surgent McCoy CPE, LLC and a consultant for the accounting firm of T.M. Byxbee Co. in Hamden, CT. He is the author of many professional articles and a veteran TV and live-seminar presenter. In addition, he heads up Surgent McCoy's webinar efforts, where he writes and hosts many of the webinars Surgent McCoy sponsors and presents. Mr. Tucker was a professor at Quinnipiac University in Hamden, CT and worked with KPMG Peat Marwick and Deloitte & Touche. Mr. Tucker received his J.D. from New York University, his LL.M. from Georgetown University Law Center, and his Ph.D. from the University of Houston. 10/2013