The 2018 Yellow Book Revision (IN PERSON ATTENDANCE)More Courses
QUA4-SC | In Person Training | Basic | Scheduled
- You may also attend this program via live webcast from your own computer. Register for the live webcast option HERE.
- IMPORTANT: ISCPA CPE course manuals are now all paperless. No printed copies will be distributed onsite. eMaterials will be available to download 5-7 days prior to the course in the My CPE Tracker section of the ISCPA website. Learn more here.
- Earn $60 by serving as the onsite coordinator for this course. Learn more here.
Fields of Interest
- Auditing- Governmental
Basic audit knowledge
Auditors performing Yellow Book engagements
The 2018 Yellow Book revision represents the first comprehensive overhaul of the Yellow Book standards since 2011! This course will explain the new standards and prepare you to excel in implementing the new Yellow Book.
- Critical concepts related to applying the new Yellow Book including when the standards are applicable; the types of engagements involved; the relationship between the Yellow Book and other standards; and the importance of stating compliance with the Yellow Book in reporting
- The new Yellow Book standards related to ethics; independence; professional judgment; competence and CPE; quality control; and peer review
- The new Yellow Book requirements related to performing and reporting on financial audits and how those requirements affect the audit in areas like internal control
- The new Yellow Book requirements related to attestation engagements (i.e., examinations, reviews, and agreed-upon procedures engagements) and performance audits
Michael J. Morgan
Michael Morgan has over 30 years of experience in public speaking. He is President of Morgan and Robinson, P.C., a consulting firm specializing in International Auditing and Taxation. Mr. Morgan is licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in Georgia, Virginia, and New York. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, as well as both the Georgia and Virginia Society of CPA's. He is a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. An accomplished author and instructor, Mr. Morgan has traveled internationally, writing manuals and conducting seminars on accounting and auditing related topics for former communist countries. He is also a nationally recognized instructor for the AICPA on topics of accounting and auditing, staff training, governmental and not for profit entities. For several semesters, he was an accounting instructor in the School of Business at Old Dominion University located in Norfolk, Virginia. Mr. Morgan is the recipient of several "Outstanding Discussion Leader" awards by the AICPA and has also received similar awards from the New York, Illinois, Nevada, and Virginia Society of CPA's. He has also been nominated for the Distinguished Eagle Scout Award. This award is presented to those who, as adults, distinguish themselves in their chosen profession utilizing the skills learned, as a youth, achieving the rank of Eagle Scout. [April 07]