Leases: Mastering the New FASB RequirementsMore Courses
LEAS-SF | In Person Training | Intermediate | Scheduled
- This course is co-sponsored with the South Dakota CPA Society. Course materials will be distributed electronically to all participants 5-7 days prior to the course.
- Accounting & Auditing
Experience in application of accounting standards
To examine the core principles of the new lease standard, including identification, recognition, measurement, presentation and disclosure requirements. Examples are included to illustrate application of the new standard.
- Lease classification
- Amortization of the lease asset
- Derecognition of the underlying asset
- Recognition of lease receivables
- Lease Modifications
- Sale and leaseback transactions
- Presentation, disclosure, and transition requirements
- Comparison of the requirements of U.S. GAAP and IFRS
- Private company consideration
- The business context for implementing the new standard
Curtis J. Quickel
Curtis Quickel currently serves as Controller of the Carlton-Bates Company, Inc., in Little Rock, Arkansas. The company is the region's largest electronics distributor, with offices located in twenty states. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Arkansas Society of Certified Public Accountants, and has served as a discussion leader for both organizations. He is a Past President of the Central Chapter of the Arkansas Society of CPAs, and Past Chairman of the Industry and Commerce Committee.