Employment Law Update: Key Risks and Recent Trends (VIRTUAL FORMAT)More Courses
LAWU-WEB | Webcasts & Webinars | Advanced | Scheduled
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this seminar will only be available via live webcast.
- Business Law
Experience and knowledge of employment law issues encountered by businesses and nonprofits
CPAs and other business professionals
To provide an update on and provide tips for mitigating exposure to the key employment risks that every employer faces.
- Employment issues related to social media, e-device and BYOD, internetuse, and website contents
- Wrongful termination, at-will employment, constructive discharge and retaliation
- Age, race/national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, genetic, religious, disability, and other forms of discrimination
- Dealing with whistleblowers in all types of organizations
- Wage and hour issues and immigration/undocumented workers
- Family Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, HIPAA, COBRA, ERISA, and more
- When and why some employers are hit with multimillion dollar verdicts in favor of former employees
- Noncompete, nondisclosure, and nonsolicitation agreements, and what works
- Key trends in recent employment cases and legislation