Jim Martin's Virtual Monthly A&A SeriesMore Courses
JMAA | Virtual Live | Intermediate | Scheduled
ISCPA is partnering with Jim Martin, CPA on a series of monthly accounting & auditing (A&A) updates. Attendees will benefit from timely updates from Jim’s virtual attendance at meetings of the FASB, ARSC, ASB, AICPA and other professional committees. Jim will cover a different topic each month as well as upcoming changes CPAs need to know about.
The series will provide 19 hours of continuing education in twelve, 75-minute sessions* October 2021–September 2022. You may purchase the 12-month series at a substantially reduced price (savings of $140) or you may purchase the months of your choice individually. Register for individual sessions HERE
*Note: The June and July 2022 sessions run from 9-10:40 a.m. for 2 hours CPE credit.
- Accounting & Auditing
To provide timely updates on a single A&A topic each month
The topics to be discussed each month are listed below. The topic may change if urgent A&A issues arise.
- October 13: Getting Ready to Implement SAS 134 (new audit reports)
- November 10: Getting Ready to Implement SAS 135-143 (other new auditing issues)
- December 8: ASU 2020-07: Disclosures of Non-financial Donations to a Not-for-profit
- January 12, 2022: Final Preparation for the Leasing Standard
- February 9, 2022: SSARS 25 is Live!
- March 9, 2022: How 2021 New ASU’s Will Impact You and When?
- April 13, 2022: Auditing in an Increasingly Virtual World
- May 11, 2022: An overview of the new Audit Quality Management Standard in Plain English
- June 8, 2022: Ethics Update 2022 Part I (2-hour seminar)
- July 13, 2022: Ethics Update 2022 Part II (2-hour seminar)
- August 10, 2022: A&A Update for the Local Firm-Lighting Round
- September 14, 2022: SAS 142 Audit Evidence
- No CPE credit will be issued for sessions you do not attend.
- No refund or credit is available after October 12, 2021 orfor sessions not attended.
- You may purchase the entire series at any time; a prorated fee is not available.
Attendance will be via Zoom. A link to the Zoom meeting will be sent to your email address on file after you register and will also be posted in the My CPE Tracker section of the ISCPA website.
James D. Martin
James (“Jim”) Martin is a true “general practitioner” who, for over 32 years, has specialized in both income tax and accounting and audit areas. In addition to serving the accounting and tax needs of 200 clients, Jim performs up to 70-75 continuing education seminars per year for CPAs and attorneys throughout the United States. To date, he has prepared and presented over 1900 full and half-day seminars on accounting and taxation topics. Jim’s philosophy of CPE is simple: spend the class time on topics of applicability and relevance to all and present the topics in an entertaining and fast moving manner.
Jim also regularly consults with CPA firms throughout the United States on a variety of accounting and auditing technical issues and serves as expert counsel in litigation manners.