Federal Tax Update for Individuals (IN PERSON ATTENDANCE) WEST DES MOINES with RON ROBERSONMore Courses
IITW-DM | In Person Training | Update | Scheduled
- You may also attend this program via live webcast from your own computer. Register for the live webcast option HERE.
- IMPORTANT: ISCPA CPE course manuals are now all paperless. No printed copies will be distributed onsite. eMaterials will be available to download 5-7 days prior to the course in the My CPE Tracker section of the ISCPA website. Learn more here.
- This program has been approved for 8 hours of IRS CE credit for Enrolled Agents (EA) and Registered Tax Return Preparers (RTRP) with PTIN numbers. Please complete and return the request form prior to the program if you are an EA or RTRP and would like to receive IRS CE credit.
- This program has been approved for 6.75 hours of continuing legal education (CLE). Contact the ISCPA office at 515-223-8161, 800-659-6375 for the activity number
Thank you to our Gold Sponsor:
Course highlights updated 10.7.19
Hear what other Iowa attendees have to say about Ron Roberson:
- "Ron is one of the best discussion leaders doing professional training"
- "Always impressed with the quality of the knowledge of Ron"
- "Ron has great presentations skills, which make it easy to listen and digest the updates"
At least one tax season
CPAs and other business professionals
To review recent changes to individual and business tax regulations
HighlightsTo review individual changes to tax regulations Detailed analysis of how the new tax laws affect individuals Course content will include the latest modifications from TCJA and extender bills The latest IRS notices, announcements, rulings and court cases affecting individuals In-depth coverage of 2019 tax returns preparation issues Opportunity Zones Form 1040-review of rate and bracket changes and the new due diligence rules on head of household and dependents SALT deduction-the new regulations illustrated and explained with examples Mortgage interest under the new law 2019 itemized deduction inflation amounts The new IRA chief counsel memo on PEOs and wages Business or hobby-what is the real analysis of trade or business activities? The latest court case guidance on the sale of a residence The continuation of IRS wins against real estate professionals with analyses; the RE Professional grouping election The brand new 2019 K-1s with changes FBAR and foreign reporting-the latest cases and clear guidance on how, when and what to report Health savings accounts in-depth. 41% of U.S. employees are now covered by these accounts. IRA and pension plan updates including rollover and planning tips. Taxpayer First Act and the changes to reporting, penalties and client and firm file security with guidelines. Virtual currency and internet businesses: an in-depth income tax discussion Award-winning course manual and reference (2016 CPA Practice Advisor Reader's Choice)
For more than 17 years, Ron Roberson has been a popular tax speaker covering individual and business tax topics. Each year, Ron speaks to thousands of CPAs and other tax professionals about the latest tax-related law changes, planning opportunities, and other business matters. Ron’s energetic, easy-to-understand, and humorous presentation style has made him a favorite nationwide. After beginning his career with international accounting firm Deloitte Haskins & Sells, Ron founded his own firm in Twain Harte, CA, near Yosemite National Park. Ron actively participates in his firm today, applying his practical experiences in the classroom to bring his tax lectures to life. Ron is also a prolific author who has written, edited, and collaborated to write tax training manuals and has written about business entity selection, taxation of corporations, Social Security, and many areas of individual income taxation. Ron has also routinely been a guest on tax-related Internet radio broadcasts.