2018 Individual Income Tax UpdateMore Courses
IITW | In Person Training | Update | Scheduled
- This course only offers printed materials (no additional charge). You will pickup your materials at the registration table when you sign in for the course.
- The course qualifies for CFP Credit. Please notify ISCPA by the end of the class if you need CFP credit.
- This program has been approved for 8 hours of IRS CE credit for Enrolled Agents (EA) and Other Tax Return Preparers (OTRP) with PTIN numbers. Please complete and return the request form prior to the program if you are an EA or OTRP and would like to receive IRS CE credit.
- This program has been approved for 6.75 hours of continuing legal education credit (CLE). Contact the ISCPA office at 800-659-6375 for the activity number.
Obtain the latest updates on the 2017 tax reform
At least one tax season.
CPAs and other business professionals.
To prepare for tax season and to review individual planning ideas.
- Updates on the latest individual tax reform developments
- Planning ideas regarding individual Tax Cut and Jobs Act
- Updates on ACA and “Repeal and Replace” developments
- 20% capital gains tax +3.8% NII tax issues
- Mortgage interest deductions cases and rulings
- Charity audit issues
- Credit rule changes
- FBAR and FATCA reporting
- IRA adjustments
- Tax issues for online rentals
- IRS clarification on who is and isn’t a real estate professional
- Estate and gift thresholds updated
Vern Hoven, CPA, MT, is one of America’s premier tax presenters and speaks to over 100 groups a year on a variety of tax topics. He teaches at Western CPE Federal Tax Update seminars and conferences and produces self-study and webcasts courses as well. Vern consistently receives outstanding evaluations and has won numerous teaching awards, including the prestigious AICPA 2014 Sidney Kess Award for Excellence in Continuing Education.
Vern is the author of the best-selling Real Estate Investor’s Tax Guide and a favorite interviewee on radio, television, and in newspapers. His presentation skills have earned him the coveted Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation from the National Speakers Association, which has granted only 400 CSPs out of 3,600 NSA members as of 2006.
Vern practiced in the public, governmental, and corporate accounting fields before starting his own public accounting practice in 1973, a firm that grew to one of the largest in western Montana. In 1985, he started his present tax consulting practice. CPA Magazine recognized Vern as one of the top 50 IRS representation practitioners in 2008.
Mark F. Seid, EA, CPA has an active tax practice in Paso Robles, California specializing in small businesses and tax controversy. A National Tax Practice Institute graduate, Mark is admitted to practice before the U.S. Tax Court. He has served as an Internal Revenue Agent with the IRS in San Jose and San Luis Obispo, California, a state director for the California Society of Enrolled Agents, and the chair for the society’s Finance and Budget committee. He regularly presents courses to tax professionals on issues affecting small businesses.