Iowa Governmental Audits - Local Government UpdateMore Courses
IGA | In Person Training | Update | Scheduled
- Please note: You may attend this program via live webcast from your own computer. Register for the live webcast option HERE.
- Attend this course and the ethics morning course and save $26! Enter promo code May14LIVE at check out.
- Overnight accommodations are available at the Sheraton West Des Moines with ISCPA's negotiated rate of $119. Call 888-627-8043 to reserve your room. Reserve by April 23 to receive the negotiated rate.
- Electronic materials (eMaterials) are not available for this course. Printed materials will be provided to each attendee at no additional charge.
A working knowledge of Iowa governmental entities and previous experience performing Iowa local government audits.
CPAs performing audits of local governments.
To update auditors on recent developments and requirements applicable to local governments.
- General update - current issues of importance in local government audits.
- Compliance update - new laws and regulations affecting local governments.
- Standards update - new GASB requirements affecting local governments.
- Sample Reports and Audit Program updates.
- Questions and answers.
No advance preparation necessary.
Marlys K. Gaston
Marlys Gaston, CPA, CGFM is a Director for Iowa’s Auditor of State’s Office and has worked for the office since 1985. Marlys is a graduate of Buena Vista University. As a Director in the Financial Audit Division, Marlys’ responsibilities include supervising and reviewing local government audits and City examinations and providing technical assistance and training to local governments and their auditors.
She also participates in the Auditor’s Office Quality Review Program of CPA firm reports and work papers and is responsible for coordinating the Auditor’s Office in-house training program. Marlys is a Certified Public Accountant and Certified Government Financial Manager and is a member of the Iowa Society of Certified Public Accountants and the Association of Government Accountants.