Farm Taxation UpdateMore Courses
FTU-SF | In Person Training | Update | Scheduled
- You may attend this program via live webcast from your own computer. Register for the live webcast option HERE.
- This course is co-sponsored with the South Dakota CPA Society. Course materials will be distributed electronically to all participants 5-7 days prior to the course.
Two years of experience with farm tax return preparation
CPAs and tax professionals representing farmers and ranchers
To help practitioners recognize unique tax opportunities and pitfalls for taxpayers in the agriculture industry.
- An in-depth discussion of the deduction for qualified business income under Section 199A, and whether farms need to restructure for the maximum advantage
- Learn how the new gross receipts limitations exempt farmers from other complex computations
- Analysis of pass-through versus C corporation entity planning for operating enterprises
- Evaluation of bonus depreciation versus the Section 179 alternative
- Understand how the meals and lodging fringe benefit affects the entity planning analysis
- Hear about tax reform provisions that remain unknown and that will require guidance from the IRS
Paul Neiffer, CPA, is a principal in agribusiness at CliftonLarsonAllen. He is based out of Yakima, Washington, and specializes in income taxation and accounting services related to farmers and processors. Neiffer authors a monthly column for Top Producer magazine and writes the Farm CPA Today blog located at www.farmcpatoday.com.