Emerging Issues in the Cannabis Industry: Hot Buttons, Lessons Learned, Challenges and Trapdoors (IN PERSON ATTENDANCE)More Courses
EICI | In Person Training | Update | Scheduled
- You may also attend this program via live webcast from your computer. Register for the live webcast option HERE.
- IMPORTANT: ISCPA CPE course manuals are now all paperless. No printed copies will be distributed onsite. eMaterials will be available to download 5-7 days prior to the course in the MY CPE Tracker section of the ISCPA website. Learn more here.
- BONUS: Receive a $70 discount when you attend this course AND the 10 a.m.-4 p.m. session Ron Seigneur's Business Valuation Update. Use promo code BVEICI at checkout.
CPAs and other business professionals
To provide a solid background in the cannabis industry with respect to critical accounting and tax compliance issues.
- Industry overview and hot button issues
- IRC 280E and choice of entity issues
- Legislative landscape
- The cannabis plant, CBDs and hemp
- Lessons learned from Colorado
- Business and intellectual property appraisal in the cannabis sector
- Macro trends
- Time allowed for questions and answers
Ronald L. Seigneur
Ron Seigneur is managing partner of Seigneur Gustafson LLP, based in Lakewood, Colorado. He specializes in business and intellectual property appraisal, economic damages, financial forensics, professional services firm consulting and taxation. Ron has served as COO and CFO for a Denver law firm and worked with over 350 professional service firms on a wide range of practice management issues. He has published over 80 articles on business leadership, succession and exit planning strategies, reasonable compensation determinations, business valuation and related subjects. Ron has developed and presented a number of management, leadership, and advanced business valuation courses for the AICPA, ASA, NACVA, Association of Legal Administrators, CLE of Colorado, the Environmental Protection Agency, state CPA Societies, and state Bar Associations.
Ron has significant experience working with complex valuation, commercial damages, forensic accounting, and related litigation support matters, and as a testifying expert. He has served as court appointed Special Master, trustee, receiver and arbitrator. As a co-author of one of the leading treatises on business valuation, he frequently speaks and writes on valuation related issues. He has experience in a wide range of industry segments, including professional practices, retail, real estate development, construction trades, auto dealerships, high tech, oil & gas, transportation, start-up entities, cannabis industry businesses and intellectual property.
Ron is a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) with the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA), a Senior Appraiser in business valuation (ASA) with the American Society of Appraisers and holds the AICPA specialty designation of Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV).
Ron is a past chair of the AICPA ABV Credential Committee, NACVA Professional Standards Committee, and has been a member of the AICPA Business Valuation Committee and the AICPA Consulting Services Executive Committee. Mr. Seigneur was the 2009-10 chair of the Board of Directors of the Colorado Society of Certified Public Accountants and was inducted in 2006 as a member of the AICPA Business Valuation Hall of Fame. Ron is a fellow of the College of Law Practice Management and is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Denver, Sturm College of Law and Daniels College of Business, where he teaches leadership and business appraisal courses.