Effective Business Writing: Cut Your Writing Time in Half and Double Your ImpactMore Courses
EBW | In Person Training | Scheduled
- Note: eMaterials are not available for this course. Printed materials are included in the registration fee and will be distributed onsite the day of the course.
American businesses report losing $1 billion a year to unclear writing that wastes time, kills contracts and offends customers.
CPAs and other business professionals
To write with clear purpose that is easily understood.
- Reduce your writing time by an average of 50%
- Double your document's impact
- Identify effective writing's key elements
- Learn the simple, direct Effective Business Writing process
- Edit your own and others' documents effectively
- This program combines lecture, discussion, individual hands-on practice exercises and group activities to assist participants in applying the five elements of effective business writing to an industry-specific case study. Participants will also get personalized feedback from the instructor on one of their own sample documents.
Jeanne M. Ballew
Founder and president of Ideas in Action , a training and development company dedicated to honing employee communication skills. She also owns and operates Edit Prose, a company providing freelance editing services to both fiction and nonfiction writers. She has trained over 15,000 people in areas such as business writing, assertive communication, presentation skills, listening skills, meeting facilitation, and diversity, her primary client being Ford Motor Company. Jeanne’s MA from Eastern Michigan University is in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). 12/05