2018 Corporate/Business Tax UpdateMore Courses
CITW | In Person Training | Update | Scheduled
- This course only offers printed materials (no additional charge). You will pickup your materials at the registration table when you sign in for the course.
- The course qualifies for CFP Credit. Please notify ISCPA by the end of the class if you need CFP credit.
This program has been approved for 8 hours of IRS CE credit for EnrolledAgents (EA) and Other Tax Return Preparers (OTRP) with PTIN numbers. Please notify ISCPA by the end of the course if you require IRS CPE credit. Please complete and return the request form prior to the program if you are an EA or OTRP and would like to receive IRS CE credit.
Obtain the latest updates on the 2017 tax reform.
At least one tax season.
CPAs and other business professionals.
To prepare for tax season and to review business tax reform developments.
- Updates on the latest business tax reform developments
- Planning ideas regarding business tax reform
- ACA and “Repeal and Replace” developments in large and small businesses
- Corporate and pass-through entity updates
- Cures Act implementation
- Legal marijuana taxation
- Identity scams hitting employers
- IRS budget cut and its effects
- Top 10 most litigated tax issues
- Employee misclassification issues
- S corporation basis tracking
- Corporate reasonable compensation
- Taxes for the “sharing economy”
Vern Hoven, CPA, MT, is one of America’s premier tax presenters and speaks to over 100 groups a year on a variety of tax topics. He teaches at Western CPE Federal Tax Update seminars and conferences and produces self-study and webcasts courses as well. Vern consistently receives outstanding evaluations and has won numerous teaching awards, including the prestigious AICPA 2014 Sidney Kess Award for Excellence in Continuing Education.
Vern is the author of the best-selling Real Estate Investor’s Tax Guide and a favorite interviewee on radio, television, and in newspapers. His presentation skills have earned him the coveted Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation from the National Speakers Association, which has granted only 400 CSPs out of 3,600 NSA members as of 2006.
Vern practiced in the public, governmental, and corporate accounting fields before starting his own public accounting practice in 1973, a firm that grew to one of the largest in western Montana. In 1985, he started his present tax consulting practice. CPA Magazine recognized Vern as one of the top 50 IRS representation practitioners in 2008.
Mark F. Seid, EA, CPA has an active tax practice in Paso Robles, California specializing in small businesses and tax controversy. A National Tax Practice Institute graduate, Mark is admitted to practice before the U.S. Tax Court. He has served as an Internal Revenue Agent with the IRS in San Jose and San Luis Obispo, California, a state director for the California Society of Enrolled Agents, and the chair for the society’s Finance and Budget committee. He regularly presents courses to tax professionals on issues affecting small businesses.