Construction Industry: Accounting, Financial Reporting and Taxation (IN PERSON ATTENDANCE)More Courses
CIAT | In Person Training | Intermediate/Advanced | Scheduled
- You may also attend this program via live webcast from your own computer. Register for the live webcast option HERE.
- IMPORTANT: ISCPA CPE course manuals are now all paperless. No printed copies will be distributed onsite. eMaterials will be available to download 5-7 days prior to the course in the My CPE Tracker section of the ISCPA website. Learn more here.
In-person seating is currently full. Please call 515-985-7106 to be added to the wait list. Live webcast attendance is available.
Fields of Interest
- Accounting & Auditing
- Specialized Knowledge
Basic construction industry accounting and tax courses, or experience in construction industry accounting.
CPAs serving clients in the construction industry as well as CFOs, controllers and accountants who work for construction contractors.
To provide a review of construction accounting basics and address various accounting and financial issues encountered in the construction industry. The discussion will include updates on construction GAAP and GAAS, recent trends and new tax legislation as they pertain to the industry.
- Overview of construction accounting and tax.
- Internal controls designed for the construction industry.
- Contract analytical review procedures and benchmarking.
- Financial statement disclosures and reporting requirements.
- Percentage of completion method - issues and risks.
- Surety analysis and yellow (red) flags.
- Recent GAAP and GAAS pronouncements affecting construction.
- Review of IRS Code Section 460 and related regulations.
- Most commonly missed tax strategies and other advanced tax topics.
- Recent tax laws impacting taxation of construction contractors.
No advance preparation necessary.
Robert A. Davidson
Robert Davidson is a consultant specializing in the construction industry. Prior to starting his consulting business, Robert spent almost 40 years in public accounting. Most recently he was a partner in the Assurance Services division and a member of Marcum Group Accountants and Advisors national Construction Industry Practice group. He came to Marcum in 2015 via the firm´s merger with DGLF CPAs and Business Advisors, a full-service accounting firm specializing in construction and real estate, with offices in Nashville, Tennessee, and Orlando, Florida.
Mr. Davidson founded DGLF in 1987, growing it into one of the most respected accounting firms serving the construction industry, with more than 300 construction clients in 23 states. In addition to traditional audit and tax services, he regularly consults with clients to provide litigation support, claims cost documentation, continuity planning, business valuations, merger & acquisition services and strategic planning.
Throughout his career, Mr. Davidson built a reputation as an exceptional teacher and speaker at construction industry seminars. He has presented sessions for the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and many national construction industry organizations. He has provided accounting and financial analysis training to sureties, banks and construction.
Mr. Davidson served on the board of the AICPA National Construction Committee for 12 years, including three years as chairman. He also served on the editorial board of the Journal of Construction Accounting and Taxation and has been published more than 20 times by various national construction industry magazines. In 2002, he was inducted as a member of The Beavers, the legendary construction association. He is active in several accounting organizations and also has served on committees and/or boards of various construction organizations, including the AGC, CFMA, TRBA, ABC, NAPA and ARTBA. [July 2016]