Corporate Finance Check-up: Renovate Your Analytical ToolboxMore Courses
CFC-SF | In Person Training | Overview | Scheduled
- This course is co-sponsored with the South Dakota CPA Society (SDCPA). Courses held in Sioux Falls, SD will only have electronic materials (eMaterials) available. SDCPA cancellation policies apply to all registrants of courses held in South Dakota. View the cancellation policy here.
CFOs, controllers and other experienced financial managers.
To provide a refresher on corporate finance skills for those who work, or aspire to work, at a CFO level.
- Financial statement analysis – the core tool:
- Conducting the analysis
- Fundamental approaches
- Horizontal analysis
- Vertical analysis
- The CFO and integrated planning:
- The integrated planning process
- The planning pyramid
- Situation analysis
- Operating metrics for success:
- Things that can be counted
- Business performance management
- Value chain analysis
- The balanced scorecard
- Forecasting as a valuation tool:
- The critical component
- 5 steps to success
- The valuation process
- The capital asset pricing model
- A bottom line approach
- Banker selection:
- Cash management
- Banker relationship
- Cases and group discussion:
- This seminar includes six cases and exercises for group discussion
William F. O'Brien
William F. O'Brien, MBA, CPA, is a financial management consultant and educator with over 35 years of experience. He has held senior financial management positions with Intel and ROLM and served as CFO for several emerging high technology companies. Mr. O'Brien has extensive experience in corporate planning, control, financial analysis, cash management, and managerial accounting in both domestic and international settings. He is on faculties of Santa Clara University and San Jose State University. He received the Foundation's Award for Instructor Excellence in 1994.