K2's Advanced Excel (VIRTUAL SEMINAR)More Courses
ADE-WEB | Virtual Live | Advanced | Scheduled
Please note: This seminar will only be available via live webcast.
Experienced Excel User
CPAs and other business professionals
To learn critical advanced Excel skills in six areas: 1) collaborating with other users and securing workbooks, 2) using tables to analyze and report data, 3) integrating and manipulating data from external sources, 4) creating and auditing complex formulas, 5) advanced data analysis tools, and 6) visualization techniques to analyze and communicate information.
- Identify and implement the best techniques to secure sensitive information in Excel workbooks and collaborate with other users to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Create tables and take advantage of their advanced features, such as dynamic data ranges, structured reference formulas, and the ability to relate multiple tables together into a Data Model
- Import and link data into Excel from external sources – including text, Access, and SQL Server – and use advanced tools, such as Power Query and various cleanup tools to manipulate the data to meet specific needs
- Use advanced functions, such as SUMPRODUCT, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, MATCH, INDEX, NETWORKDAYS, RAND, RANDBETWEEN, NPV, IRR, XNPV, and XIRR to create and audit complex formulas
- Analyze worksheet data using techniques such as Data Tables, Subtotals, Slicers, Filters, and PivotTables
- Describe techniques used to create, manipulate, and customize charts for analyzing and communicating information
Thomas G. Stephens
Thomas G. Stephens, Jr., received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree (Major in Accounting) from Auburn University in 1985 and a Master of Science degree (Major in Finance) from Georgia State University in 1992. Mr. Stephens has seventeen years of full-time and part-time public accounting experience. Additionally, he has five years of experience as an internal auditor, two years of experience as a cost accounting manager, and two years of experience as a corporate controller. Presently, Mr. Stephens resides in Woodstock, Georgia where he provides consulting services to small businesses. In addition, Mr. Stephens develops and presents educational material to members of the accounting profession. He has lectured nationally on subjects such as internal controls for small businesses, practice management and marketing, computer hardware and software applications, tax strategies and compliance, and financial accounting standards and applications. Over the past eight years, Mr. Stephens has presented in excess of 300 educational programs to over 9,000 participants nationwide. 1/04