CFO Series: 5 Marvelous Business Books in 100 MinutesMore Courses
17846 | Webcasts & Webinars | Intermediate | Scheduled
This course is offered by a 3rd party vendor and will not be accessible in the My CPE Tracker section of the ISCPA website. Course access information will be emailed directly to you by CPA Crossings.
You work hard - but finding the time to keep up with the latest business insights is a challenge. This session makes it easy to catch up with the latest thinking in five very different topics.
This seminar will review: The End of Accounting, The Right and Wrong Stuff: How Brilliant Careers Are Made and Unmade, Big Potential, Pitch Anything and Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success. Save time, learn the key lessons of five insightful business books in just 100 minutes.
Whether you are a CFO, an experienced mid-level leader or new in your career, talented professionals who want to succeed will benefit from these insights.
- Business Management & Organization
General knowledge of business operations
Corporate financial leaders, CEOs, CFOs, Controllers, Board members, advisors, consultants, business leaders, accountants, corporate financial managers, business owners, risk managers and the professionals who advise them
After attending this presentation you will be able to ...
- Recognize the key lessons from these five thought-provoking business books that you can use today
- Recall steps on how to effectively manage your career
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Why are financial accounting statements becoming less useful?
- Step-by-step advice on how to effectively manage your career
- The five typical ways we (unknowingly) derail our career
- What is, "the power of one made stronger by others"?
- Success is not a zero-sum game.
- Proof that nice people eventually finish first
- Who is more successful, takers, givers or matchers?
- Why is a `five-minute favor' so effective?
- Cases and Group Discussion: This seminar includes two (2) case studies for group discussion.
Donald L. Minges
Don Minges is a fractional CFO who worked in diverse industries at various stages of development. He has experience in profitability enhancement, strategic planning, venture capital, mergers & acquisitions, consulting, turnarounds, economic forecasting, cost accounting and financial analysis. Don has experience raising equity for several growing firms and has also invested equity capital into promising businesses. He has served on the Board of Directors of many firms. Mr. Minges graduated with highest honors from the Fuqua School of Business at Duke.