SECURE Act and Other 2019 Tax LegislationMore Courses
14392 | Webcasts & Webinars | Intermediate | Scheduled
The SECURE act makes the most significant changes to retirement plans since 2006. This webinar covers the key issues of the new SECURE Act, updates to the Extenders Act and Disaster Relief Act, and changes to the Affordable Care Act. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
Basic working knowledge of federal tax law.
CPAs and members in industry seeking the latest IRS legislative updates.
- Gain insight on the latest IRS interpretation of the new SECURE Act.
- Gain an understanding to updates and changes of the Extenders Act, Disaster Reilef Act and Affordable Care Act.
- Crippling of the "stretch" IRS.
- Changes impacting estate and trust planning.
- Small employer multi-employer retirement plans.
- Retirement plans for long-term part-time employees.
- Disaster relief provisions such as pension plan distributions, relaxed limitations on casualty losses, employee retention credit, and others.
- Extenders provisions, including mortgage life insurance premiums as qualified residence interest, tuition and fees deduction, and exclusion from gross income of cancelled debt on a principal residence.
- Numerous extensions of energy related provisions such as the new home energy credit.
- Changes impacting the Affordable Care Act.
Steven C. Dilley
Steven C. Dilley is a professor at Michigan State University where he teaches tax accounting. He obtained his PhD in accounting from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1972. In 1969 he also received a law degree and an undergraduate accounting degree from UW-Madison. He is a member of the Wisconsin Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Wisconsin Institute of CPAs, the Michigan Association of CPAs, the American Accounting Association, the American Institute of CPAs, the American Taxation Association, and the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants. Steve is the President of the Federal Tax Workshops, Inc. This organization prepares continuing education materials and presents continuing education programs for accountants and attorneys throughout the United States. Steve is nationally known for his knowledge of taxation in general and especially for his knowledge of the financial, accounting, and tax problems of the closely held business. He has published numerous articles on those topics.