The Women's Leadership Series is a four-part webinar series where thought leaders share stories on how to overcome setbacks, break boundaries and rise up to build the life and career you desire. This series is co-sponsored with other state CPA societies, giving attendees the unique opportunity to connect with other women CPAs and accounting professionals across the U.S. Sessions will be administered by the Virginia Society of CPAs.
Each session qualifies for 1 hour of CPE credit (nontechnical) and can be purchased individually, or save $21 by purchasing the bundle webinar package.
- Current capabilities of GenAI
- Other AI applications that you might not know about
- Examples of leveraging GenAI at work
- Examples of leveraging GenAI at home
- Rules of the Road for safety and data security
- Easy ways to get started
CPAs and other business professionals.
Generative AI (GenAI) tools like ChatGPT, BingChat and Bard have upended what we thought the future would look like. Some folks are excited, some folks are scared, and some folks are just not sure what to think. In this session, we'll discuss what GenAI can and cannot do, some ways that you can use it to make your life easier, and ways to safely start exploring the technology.
This seminar will help you:
- Identify the key features and functionalities of generative AI tools such as ChatGPT, BingChat, and Bard.
- Understand the diversity of AI technologies and their potential impact on various industries.
- Examine real-world instances where GenAI tools have been successfully applied in professional settings.
- Comprehend the ethical considerations and guidelines for using GenAI responsibly.
- Login information and eMaterials will be available in the My CPE Tracker section of the ISCPA website three business days priror to the seminar.
This event is part of the following bundles:
2024 Women's Leadership Series: BUNDLE WEBINAR PACKAGE
Multiple Events Between -
Up to 4.00 Credits
Member Price: $175
Ashley Francis is a CPA with 23 years of experience. She specializes in helping ultra-high net worth clients, professional fiduciaries and trust and estate attorneys with complex tax and estate compliance and planning. She started exploring and sharing her experiences with ChatGPT in December, 2022. Since then, she has been featured in a Microsoft article about CPAs using automation in their practices. She has had the honor of speaking on AI and Automation at the 2023 Microsoft Power Platform Conference as well as the AICPA’s 2023 ENGAGE conference and 2023 Global Women’s Leadership Summit. She is also the founder of ‘Kitchen Table Automations’ - a newsletter and series of classes dedicated to making AI and Automation as friendly as possible for tax and accounting professionals.
Byron K Patrick, CPA.CITP, began as a CPA and then merged his passion for technology with accounting. He founded Simplified Innovations Inc, an IT Department servicing CPA firms, and later joined Botkeeper as a General Manager. Currently, he’s VP of Client Success at The B3 Method Institute, helping leaders design and scale their dream accounting practices. A recognized technology leader, Byron frequently speaks at conferences and contributes to industry publications, including the Journal of Accountancy. He has been an active member of the Maryland Association of CPAs and the AICPA, holding several key positions. Living on a small horse farm in Maryland with his future wife Nikki, Byron is the proud father of an engineer and a student-athlete at the University of Pittsburgh.
Non-Member Price $59.00
Member Price $49.00