Controllers and CFOs must help steer the organization through turbulent times. They must know and influence the organization's vision, department vision and the economic, business, social, political, and technological environment in which they work and compete.
This NEW course will help financial professionals identify and understand the trends that dictate the future environment. In addition, we will examine the controller and CFO role and the importance of moving from a "maintainer" to a "visionary" mentality. The course will focus on the critical functions of efficiency expert, financial analyst, technology expert and futurist. The traditional accounting role is changing into a hybrid accounting/technological professional and requires more proactive, insightful, and strategic financial leadership.
Accounting professionals and CPAs that desire to be proactive contributors to the organization's success.
- Identify economic and future trends that impact the organization and how to make them a component of strategic action.
- Identify significant roles that controllers and CFOs have and how they can be leveraged.
- Determine how to impact organizational efficiency by adapting lean management techniques and robotic process automation (RPA).
- Determine how to employ financial analysis through visual and other techniques to improve understanding and communication of essential lessons.
- Identify how artificial intelligence, business intelligence, data analytics and predictive analytics change the accounting function and use of information.
- Recognize how an organization's future staffing and employee needs are interdependent and must complement one another to be more competitive.
James (Jim) T. Lindell is the president of a Wisconsin based provider of strategic and financial consulting and executive coaching. Jim has an extensive background in senior management including positions as CFO and corporate assistant controller. He has worked with a variety of industries including: manufacturing, health care, non-profit, distribution and food processing. Jim has been involved in more than 50 M&A projects. He is a CPA with experience at several local and regional accounting firms. He is a TEC Chairman (The Executive Committee), a member (and instructor) for the American Institute of CPA’s, the Wisconsin Institute of CPAs and a member of Wisconsin Chapter of National Speaker Association. Jim a 11-time recipient of the AICPA Outstanding Discussion Leader Award. Jim has received the Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation and is one of less than 10 CPAs to hold this credential.
Non-Member Price $425.00
Member Price $325.00