Many small- and mid-size entities hold fewer complex investments including alternative investments. This module will provide an overview for evaluating the proper recognition, measurement, and disclosure of common investment types as well as how to audit them. Derivatives and other more complex investments will be discussed in another module.
- Overview of common investment types
- Typical audit risks and related audit procedures
- Alternative Investments
- Fair value disclosure, including applying the fair value hierarchy
Accountants responsible for accounting for or auditing fewer complex investments, including alternative investments.
- Identify the proper accounting for common investments
- Explain audit risks associated with auditing common investments
- Discuss how to tailor the audit plan to assessed risks of material misstatement
- Explain fair value and other presentation and disclosure requirements
This is a self-study/on demand course offered by a 3rd party vendor and will not be accessible in the My CPE Tracker section of the ISCPA website. Course access information will be emailed directly to you by Surgent Professional Education. The course expires one year from the purchase date. Format = on demand webcast to view with the course materials.
Non-Member Price $119.00
Member Price $89.00