This course provides an overview of the accounting requirements with respect to accounting changes and error corrections and the reporting implications within an entity’s financial statements. The scope of accounting changes includes a discussion of changes in accounting principles, changes in accounting estimates, as well as changes of a reporting entity. The course also provides an overview of the accounting requirements of correcting errors in previously issued financial statements as well as restatement considerations. A majority of the information included within this course is sourced from the requirements found within FASB ASC Topic No 250, Accounting Changes and Error Corrections.
- FASB ASC Topic No 250, Accounting Changes and Error Corrections
- Accounting changes and error corrections taking the shape of:
- Changes in accounting principle;
- Changes in accounting estimates;
- Changes in reporting entity;
Practitioners who want to better understand FASB ASC Topic No 250, Accounting Changes and Error Corrections
- List the different types of accounting changes and how they affect an entity’s financial statements
- Differentiate between the requirements for the different types of accounting changes
- Identify the steps involved in the required assessment for a correction of an error
- Differentiate between the iron curtain and rollover methods for quantifying a correction of an error
- Recognize the different types of restatements required as a result of accounting changes
This is a self-study/on demand course offered by a 3rd party vendor and will not be accessible in the My CPE Tracker section of the ISCPA website. Course access information will be emailed directly to you by Surgent Professional Education. The course expires one year from the purchase date. Format = text only download.
Non-Member Price $79.00
Member Price $49.00