This course provides an overview of the accounting requirements with respect to accounting principle changes. The scope of accounting changes includes a discussion of changes in accounting principles, changes in accounting estimates, as well as changes of a reporting entity. A majority of the information included within this course is sourced from the requirements found within FASB ASC Topic No. 250, Accounting Changes and Error Corrections.
- An overview of the accounting requirements with respect to accounting principle changes
- Accounting changes that can take the shape of changes in accounting principle, changes in accounting estimates, and changes in reporting entity
- The ASUs that have affected ASC topics over the last few years
- List the different types of accounting changes and how they affect an entity’s financial statements
- Differentiate between the requirements for the different types of accounting changes
- Identify disclosure requirements related to changes in accounting principles
This is a self-study/on demand course offered by a 3rd party vendor and will not be accessible in the My CPE Tracker section of the ISCPA website. Course access information will be emailed directly to you by Surgent Professional Education. The course expires one year from the purchase date. Format = text only download.
Non-Member Price $59.00
Member Price $29.00