- What is expected of the manager and senior manager?
-Characteristics of a Successful Engagement – What messages do you get from your firm? What do Managers need to do to balance
their focus on all the characteristics?
-The Manager & Senior Manager roles in the firm – How do they compare to the Senior/Supervisor's role? The importance of
"ownership" for Managers.
- Managing self and priorities
-The big-picture view of prioritizing – revisiting the Covey Activity Matrix (from AHI's Level IV course)
-The ongoing daily approach to meeting priorities – the Allen "Getting Things Done" System
-Productive, non-billable time needs in the firm – determining your most valuable niches for Involvement now and in the future
-Managing your reputation and career prospects – identifying your career success routes, enlisting Mentors & Feedback Allies, and
building your Development Plan
- Building Leadership Communication Skills
-Influence without authority-using influence skills to build productivity with partners, clients and staff
-Empowering meeting leadership and facilitation skills
- Leading others-coaching and developing staff
-On-the-Job Coaching & Development – using a coaching approach to build performance and engagement
-Performance Feedback & the Art of Delivering it – feedback model and practice for using within on-the-job coaching
-Delegating for Development versus for Results – distinguishing between delegation approaches covered in AHI Level IV program
-Career Advising & Mentoring Others – skills for holding career conversations and mentoring others' development in the firm
-Team Building for Managers & Senior Managers – assessing current team functioning and identifying strategies for productively
bringing engagement teams together
- Helping your organization grow
-Revisiting Three Levels of Firm Growth (from AHI's Level IV course) – the manager's role
-Expanding Services to Existing Clients – identifying the stages of business relationship development, tactics for building Trusted
Advisor status with current clients, and ways to convert that status into new business opportunities
-Adding New Clients through Referrals – assessing your current networking skills & comfort level; building effective new
-The Technical Professional's Role in Closing Sales – finding high skill/high comfort ways to aid in direct business development
activities within the firm.
Five+ years of experience
CPAs in public accounting
To enable managers and senior managers to continue developing management and leadership skills necessary to be successful in their organizations.
- This course will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. CST each day
- Reliable internet access, a webcam and microphone is needed to participate in group discussions during this learning experience. A second monitor or device is highly recommended for ease of completing case materials.
- Contact Katie Shields, email@example.com to learn about discounts available for 2 or more attendees from the same organization.
- Note: This course is only available via live webcast
Non-Member Price $765.00
Member Price $665.00