- Coverage of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022
- Compare and contrast the tax consequences, opportunities, and pitfalls of operating a business as a partnership, LLC, or S corporation
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of income tax laws for S corporations from eligibility and election, to tax return preparation, stock basis, and loss limitation issues
- Recognize and properly handle special pass-through items of income and expense
- Accurately prepare S corporation returns and reconcile book income to taxable income
- Accurately prepare partnership returns and reconcile book income to taxable income
- What the transactional method entails and how to report partners' capital accounts under this method
- Properly handle the tax treatment of distributions to shareholders, partners, or members
- Understand the special restrictions and sanctions for tax year-end selection
- Review the basics of partnership and LLC formation and basis calculation
- Self-employment tax or NOT, for each entity
- Filling in K-1s correctly for S corporations, partnerships, and LLCs. Major changes in K-1 reporting on both partnership and S corporation forms and content
- The most frequently used forms and schedules, including some form "oddities"
All levels of staff and company controllers responsible for filing these forms
The course provides a comprehensive, hands-on, understanding of the preparation of both S corporation and partnership/LLC tax returns, along with the underlying laws and regulations.
- This seminar has been approved for 8 hours of IRS CE credit for Enrolled Agents (EA) and Registered Tax Return Preparers (RTRP) with PTIN numbers. Please complete and return the request form PRIOR to the seminar if you are an EA or RTRP and would like to receive IRS CE credit.
- This seminar qualifies for 8 hour of Certified Financial Planner (CFP) CPE credit.
John N. Sherrick is a partner of Sitrick & Associates, LLC in Bettendorf, Iowa. He prepares tax returns and financial statements for closely held companies and their owners. He also provides a variety of income tax, retirement, and estate-tax planning services for his clients. He also serves as an expert witness for business valuations and other tax and accounting issues. He is also a discussion leader for continuing education courses in the tax arena on a national level. John was recognized by the NCACPA as an Outstanding Seminar Speaker for 2013, and he is also the recipient of the 2011 James L. McCoy Discussion Leader of the Year Award as well as a Surgent Outstanding Discussion Leader Award. John has over 45 years of experience in public accounting with local firms. His experience includes a wide variety of tax and accounting issues for small businesses in a number of industries. He also has had experience in auditing and taxation of not-for-profit organizations on the local and national level. Sherrick received his Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Business Administration from Knox College in Galesburg, Illinois. He then received his Master’s degree in Accounting from the University of Iowa, in Iowa City, Iowa. He is licensed in both Iowa and Illinois and is a member of the Iowa Society of CPAs and the Illinois CPA Society.
Non-Member Price $395.00
Member Price $295.00