The role of the accountant will continue to morph at a rapid pace. The progression from bookkeeper to accountant to controller/CFO has changed due to data analytics and business intelligence. Accountants will be more valued by what information they can derive and interpret to improve the organization instead of transaction aggregation and reporting. This course will highlight how data analytics, predictive analytics and business intelligence will become a central component of the accountant’s responsibilities.
Accounting professionals and CPAs looking to provide more value to their clients.
- Understand how data analytics is an expectation of accountants. Reporting is a base commodity and must be improved with data analytics in the accounting/finance department. Learn how visual application can complement and sometimes outweigh traditional financial reporting.
- Identify the four phases of analytics and their relationship to the accounting function and career advancement.
- Learn how business intelligence impacts the accounting role for staffing, data acquisition and analysis and machine learning (RPA).
- Special offer! Did you attend Jim Lindell's "Data Analytics: Practical Application to Get Started Today" session at the March 8 Business and Industry Conference? If so, you're eligible to take $50 off the registration fee for this course! Call 515-985-7106 to register with the discount.
- You may also attend this course in person at the ISCPA Enrichment Center in West Des Moines. Register for the in-person option HERE
James (Jim) T. Lindell is the president of a Wisconsin based provider of strategic and financial consulting and executive coaching. Jim has an extensive background in senior management including positions as CFO and corporate assistant controller. He has worked with a variety of industries including: manufacturing, health care, non-profit, distribution and food processing. Jim has been involved in more than 50 M&A projects. He is a CPA with experience at several local and regional accounting firms. He is a TEC Chairman (The Executive Committee), a member (and instructor) for the American Institute of CPA’s, the Wisconsin Institute of CPAs and a member of Wisconsin Chapter of National Speaker Association. Jim a 11-time recipient of the AICPA Outstanding Discussion Leader Award. Jim has received the Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation and is one of less than 10 CPAs to hold this credential.
Non-Member Price $240.00
Member Price $190.00